SAN inquiries and complaints system
Thank you for your interest in making SAN certification a better tool to promote a positive change in agriculture. SAN takes each inquiry, complaint or issue seriously.
In order to better evaluate and address your particular case, SAN needs to direct it to those persons or entities that have the most appropriate knowledge and experience.
Please follow the instructions below to identify the type of issue you have and the respective contact. If you are unsure of the type of issue, you can communicate at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will redirect your case to those who can manage it best.
Certification bodies have representatives in, and first-hand knowledge of, the countries in which they work. Please contact the certification organization that certified the farm(s) or groups that you have questions about, or that certified your farm or group, in order to do the following:
- Find out how to get certified or how much it will cost.
- Resolve problems with any certification services provided, a decision about certification, or problems with an auditor that audited a farm or group.
- Ask questions or express concerns about a farm or a group and its compliance with the Sustainable Agriculture Standard or certification requirements. Farm workers can also speak directly to certification auditors if the farm’s grievance mechanism and normal communication processes did not address their concerns.
- Obtain information about a specific certified farm or group.
- Here you can find the accredited certification organizations that provide SAN/Rainforest Alliance certification: Certification Bodies. If you know the name of the certified farm, you can find its certification body in our Certificate Search Tool
If you cannot determine the correct certification body, the certification body does not respond to your inquiries, or you are not satisfied with the results, please contact email@example.com
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org for any of the issues described below.
- Problems with certification services, decisions, or auditors that were not satisfactorily addressed by the respective certification body.
- Questions about how certification organizations are authorized or supervised.
- Questions or complaints about a certified farm or a group and you are unsatisfied with the answers or results provided by the respective certification body.
- If you work for a certified farm and your employer, your worker organization representatives, or the certification body that audited the farm have not satisfactorily addressed problems or questions about working conditions.
- If you have contacted a certification body with concerns about a certified farm’s or group’s compliance with any aspect of SAN standards and certification requirements, and feel that your concerns were not satisfactorily addressed.
It is very important that you provide a clear description of the issue; the location and crop, if applicable; the names of any certification organization, auditors, or certified farms or groups; and any supporting evidence such as documents, photographs and videos (less than 10MB per email) and links to webpages. Also, please give us your contact information so that we can inform you of the results. SAN will maintain your name and contact information confidential.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions about SAN certification standards, policies or requirements, including about how the standards are interpreted or applied, please send an email to email@example.com
If you have a question about a product bearing the Rainforest Alliance Certified™ seal, including about its certified content and its origin, please contact RAC@ra.org.
You can file a complaint directly online on the following site: www.rainforest-alliance.org/business/agriculture/certification/coc