Several pieces of information are required to facilitate judging of the contest and allow us to properly credit photographs.
- In the title box under the image, please supply a simple description for your photograph.
- You must choose the category for your photo: “Farmer” or “Certification Body”.
- On the following boxes, include your full name, the location of the certified farm in which the photo was taken (name of the farm, city, and country), the name of the certified crop, and your occupation on the certified farm or Certification Body.
- You should also include your email address. Your telephone number is optional.
- Images should be 1280×848 px or bigger, images larger than 10MB won’t upload.
Failure to include any of the required information will result in disqualification. You may enter up to 10 photos. However, no more than one image per photographer may be chosen as a finalist.
By entering, you warrant that the photograph that you submit is original and is your own, and does not infringe on the rights of any third party. You further warrant that your participation in this photo contest does not violate any agreement between you and a third party.
By entering the photo contest, you grant the Sustainable Agriculture Network the non-exclusive right to publish, use, distribute, reproduce and publicly display your photograph, and to create derivative works from your photograph, in perpetuity, in any of its on-line, print or other media publications, materials or exhibitions, for purposes of promoting the Sustainable Agriculture Network’s mission and awareness of its program, including but not limited to for editorial, advertising, publicity, and fundraising purposes, without payment of compensation unless prohibited by law. You grant the Sustainable Agriculture Network permission to provide your name, and your city of residence, when publishing, reproducing or otherwise using your photo and when identifying you as an entrant or prize winner in the photo contest. While the Sustainable Agriculture Network will make every effort to credit photographers when using photos, there may be circumstances where it is not possible to do so. Subject to the rights granted to the Sustainable Agriculture Network, you retain all other copyrights and rights to future use of the photographs you enter into the contest.
On or about October 3, 2016, the Sustainable Agriculture Network shall notify the Farmers Category winner and the Certification Body winner. Notification shall be via the entrant’s email account, and/or telephone. Please make sure to check your email account around the end of the contest.
If the Sustainable Agriculture Network is unable to contact a potential winner, does not receive an acknowledgment of receipt from a potential winner within ten (10) days, or if the notification is returned as undeliverable, the Sustainable Agriculture Network has the option to disqualify such potential winner and select an alternate winner.
The winners will receive a four-day, three-night tour for one to Costa Rica. The trip includes a stop in the Sustainable Agriculture Network offices, combined with a tour of two nearby certified operations.
Included in Grand Prize trip:
- Round trip
- Airport transfers
- Local transfers
- Local taxes
- Alcoholic drinks
- The trip must be completed by January 31st, 2017 and may not include holiday weeks (Christmas, New Years’ and Easter).
- The trip dates are subject to availability of hotels and flights. Trip must be booked a minimum of 4 weeks in advance.
- The prize may be transferred to another person and activities may be changed on a limited basis, but destinations cannot be changed.
- The prize must be booked on or before October 31st, 2016 and the trip must be completed by January 31st, 2017. Failure to do so will result in the forfeiture of the prize.
The winners will also be featured on the Sustainable Agriculture Network website through a story about their work and the trip to Costa Rica.
Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash or used in conjunction with any other promotion.
Prize winners will be required to execute and return to Sustainable Agriculture Network an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Prize Acceptance Form (“Affidavit and Release”) within ten (10) days of notification of selection as a prize winner. The Affidavit and Release will, among other things and as required under these contest rules, certify the prize winner’s eligibility to enter the contest, rights in the photograph submitted, and ability to grant rights in the photo to the Sustainable Agriculture Network; grant the Sustainable Agriculture Network the right to publish and use the photo, without further consent of or compensation to the winner and/or any person whose recognizable image appears in the photograph; release and indemnify the Sustainable Agriculture Network from and against liability associated with the entry, the photograph, the contest and the prizes; and acknowledge responsibility for taxes. Failure to sign and return an Affidavit and Release to the Sustainable Agriculture Network within ten (10) days of notification may result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner.
The winning photographs may appear on the Sustainable Agriculture Network website and also may be used by the Sustainable Agriculture Network for future publicity or fundraising purposes.